10/05/2010


Today I have tried developing the hand drawn images and applying them to postcards and tag labels. This top set is based on the "plain sailing" drawing I'm not to sure about the postcard designs, I need to get some feed back from someone else about them. However the tag labels developed form this drawing, I think work really quite well. The simple circles remind me of a target and help draw attention to the two 'o' in topshop.

I have developed the "rum rat" drawing in a similar way. The tag labels are working well, this time using triangles. However again I am struggling with the post card, design and layout. Also the choice of font is boring and has no connection to the navy. I am now considering developing a logo for the 'navy clothing line' which the postcards are supposed to be promoting. This logo can be applied to all the designs and should communicate the style and tone of the clothes and brand.
I have tried developing the rat post card further. I have applied the over lapping vectors to add more association to the sea/context and also provide added colour. I think it is better then the above design however the saying "Rum Rat" is no longer clear.
I have also started to apply the vectorize images to the postcard layout. I particularly like the rope design because the image of the rope is associated to the harbor and the bow shape is associated to fashion and textiles.