17/05/2010

Topshop's brand colour is black and white.

After visiting Topshop I have found they typically used black and white for all their branding. Examples include their sign above the door, Carrier bags and clothing tags.
As I am designing for a collection sold by topshop and not re-branding the actual company. I thought I should bare this in mind when I am designing the postcards. So I have developed an alternative range in black and white as this maybe better suite to their store environment and current branding.
Here is the 'cost is clear' example.





I have to keep in mind though the young target audience I am hoping these images will attract. I think the black and white images appear to sophisticate and are no longer fun and engaging.
The colour blue also helps the association to the sea and navy.