12/05/2010

Todays crit and feedback

Most of the feedback I received was positive. They thought I had a large amount of visual and contextual research into designers work and the quotations. The Topshop navy clothing line relationship really works. I just need to clarify the deliverables and state exactly what i intend to produce, how many postcards, how many tag designs...t-shirt prints? etc. Re write the brief and mention the navy in it because this has come to be the main focus.
I need to print the postcards to size and play with stocks more. It was also suggested that narrow down and filter out so I can focus on the outcome more.
They also answered my questions. After a discussion I found people favored the handmade designs, I've decided to use a combination of the hand draw and vectors and experiment with stocks more to produce the range in a hand made look. The group also helped with my layout queries and suggested i keep all text on the back of the post cards and keep the image as the main focus on the front. I need to play more with typefaces and pick one to apply to all.